Sunday 19 October 2008

The (Much) Lighter Side of The Financial Crisis

Humor is probably the best medicine to cope with feelings of anxiety amidst the global financial crisis and despair with the material loss of wealth investors suffered due to the growing fears of a major global economic recession. Here are some of the gems I have come across recently:
The definition of optimism? A banker who irons five shirts on a Sunday.
What's the difference between an investment banker and a large pizza? The pizza can still feed a family of four.
What's the difference between an investment banker and a pigeon? The pigeon is still capable of leaving a deposit on a new Ferrari.
What do you say to a hedge fund manager who can't sell anything? A quarter-pounder with fries, please.
"The credit crunch has helped me get back on my feet. The car's been repossessed."
"This credit crunch is worse than a divorce. I've lost half my net worth and I still have a wife."
"The bank returned a cheque to me this morning, stamped: 'Insufficient funds'. Is it them or me?"
"A man asked his bank manager how to start a small business. The manager replied: 'Buy a big one and wait.'
Money talks. Mine knows only one word: ''Goodbye".
What have an Icelandic banker an an Icelandic streaker got in common? They both have frozen assets.
The company director decided to award a prize of $50 for the best idea of saving the company money during the credit crunch. It was won by a bright young man who suggested reducing the price money to $10!
Quoted from Weekend Argus, October 18, 2008

No comments: